Monday, October 6, 2008

how to cook caldereta


Caldereta is actually one of the famous Filipino dishes. It also happens to be one of my favorite meals. It can be cooked with either beef or pork, sometimes even chicken or goat meat(And i dont eat goat meat...eeeeeewww). The sauce is thickened with liver or tomato paste. I LOVE cooking so much, that's why over the years, i gained extra pounds since I LOVE the taste of what i cook (modesty aside)and I LOVE the feeling of seeing my hubby happy with what he's eating....you should see him eat, I swear you'll be shocked (I LOVE YOU HON!!) Like they say.. "the WAY to your man's heart is through his STOMACH" ...well...better check my hubby's belly just to prove how true that quote is.(peace hon!!!)

Well, it's really easy to cook this outrageously delicious viand. Just prepare the following :

~1 kilo of beef(preferably cubed)
~1 cup of tomato sauce
~1 can of liver spread
~2 meduim sized onions(chopped)
~1 garlic (crushed)
~1/2 cup tomato paste
~3 potatoes(cubed)
~2 carrots(also cubed)
~2 beef broth cubes
~ 2 bell peppers cut into strips
~ 1 teasespoon of salt
~ 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
~ hot sauce(for those into spicy dishes)

How to cook Caldereta:
Boil the beef for 30-45 minutes or until tender with the beef broth cubes, salt, onion and pineapple juice. While waiting, sauté garlic until brown. Set aside then add beef and the tomato sauce and tomato paste and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots and bellpeppers and once potatoes and carrots are cooked, add the garted cheese and liver spread. If the sauce is too thick, add little amount of water, then add minimal serving of hot sauce.

......AND YOU'RE DONE!!! SO EASY, RIGHT??? I BET YOU'LL LOVE IT :)

No comments:

I know where u are and what connection you're using!

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons

ScrollFx

RetroNix Clock